One of the most exciting things about a thru-hike is the post office visits. They’re good spots to meet the locals of a town and it feels like Chirstmas! Getting letters, cards, and goody packages from random friends and family can brighten up even the gloomiest of days out on the trail.
Each PO generally holds packages for a thru-hiker for up to two weeks. I will try to keep my arrival dates updated. Please address any mail with Shayla Paradeis and an ETA on the first line, and then general delivery on the second. Then the town, state, and zip in the usual way.
- Silver City, NM 88061 April 28th
- Pie Town, NM 87827 May 6th
- Chama, NM 87520 May 22nd
- Steamboat Springs, CO 80477 June 11th
- Dubois, WY 82513 July 12th
- Lander, WY 82520 July 23rd
- Twin Lakes, CO 81251 August 1st
- Leadville, CO 80461 August 10th
- Steamboat Springs, CO 80477 August 22nd
- Lincoln, MT 59639 August 28th